The steps given by the book:
- place an add a week before the sale date in local papers (I put ads in Craigslist as well as weekly and daily papers)
- price it lower than you might want to sell it for
- hold open houses so potential buyers can inspect the property on Saturday and Sunday
- Have a bid sheet at the open houses so that the buyers can place a bid on the property and everyone can see the bids
- call bidders on Sunday evening and do a "round-robbin" bidding, calling each successive bidder and see if they want to raise their bid
- sell house to highest bidder
So, I am going to try to sell this house on the 21st of October.
I had an open house for the Cheektowaga home this weekend. I had 15 people look at it (that's 13 more than the Realtors showed in 2 months while they had it listed!). Every one loves the house- no one wants to pay @$%# Cheektowaga's taxes.